Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why I Love Her..

From "You Know I Love You... Don't You?" by Howard Jones

Now dont you worry when things get tough
Well stick together through the smooth and the rough
Your the steam engine and I am the tracks
Roll over me Ill be rolling right back cos

You know I love you
You know I love you...dont you


You know what I'm talking about, baby. ;)

Today my sweetheart had this to say about me. Out of the blue and completely at random:

April. Thirteenth.

No, no….that shouldn’t have been a statement. Ahem.

April…..THIRTEENTH?!

This is the last date you blogged?!

Where is my writer? My taunter, my titillator - my TOWN CRYER?! My mistah luuuuuuvs to share his bidness with the masses?

Muffin! Don’t let the passion die! It doesn’t matter if you’re writing to an audience of one (which I don’t think has been true ever) or one million – don’t stop, you mustn’t!

Pretty please?

Whew! I almost forgot to ask nicely ;)

<3


She's right, of course. Writing is cathartic for me regardless of how interesting that writing is for others. Bad poems, song lyrics, blog posts and epic emails about virtually nothing - these are my calling cards! ..... so why am I not calling anymore?

I sit in the classic "thinker" pose and ponder this.. I come up with an excuse for every day of the week. They SEEM like good excuses as I consider them, and the great Zeus only knows I'm busy every night of the week.

I'm trying to learn how to play the Bass. I'm writing a board game with a good friend of mine. I am designing my own kitty condo for our cats (Hey, I didn't say they were all GREAT excuses..). I help my friend Hoffamunch out with whatever creative venture he's into at the time (http://undeadsoup.com/undead2/), I play with my two dogs, two cats, computer, ballroom dancing, XBox, go to the gym, hang out with friends and play games and spend time with my fiancee..

Good hell.

To top it all off I am working between 10 and 11 hours every day, and even if I'm not AT work, I'm thinking about the current configuration of this, that or the other thing. I get home from work, and I'm exhausted.. This has probably led to my nearly chronic sickness over the past SIX FREAKIN MONTHS!!

***Intermission***

The editor would like to interject that he's damned glad he popped in the Best of Howard Jones while blogging today.. Day-to-the-am, that is some quality music!

Seriously, get it. Listen. Feel good! This is an order!

We now return you to the rest of the Blog already in progress.

***End Intermission***

To make matters even more exciting, our room-mate just moved out. I have mixed feelings about this. For one thing, he's been my friend for about half my life and has lived with me off and on for much of that time. We're as different as night and day, but I have a lot of respect for him, and can honestly say I miss him around.

Oh, and his rent never hurt my feelings either. ;)

On the other hand, now we have more room. What we are going to do with all this room (our house is freakin gargantuan) I have no idea. I suspect we'll fill it all up, and now we have privacy for our lusty nekked Tango sessions! PRE-YOWWW baby!

And on that somewhat disturbing note, O devoted reader, I bid you a fond adieu. That was more than enough catharsis for one night.

... what is Loooooovveeee, anyway? Whoa-oaaaa.. WHOOAAA OHHHHHHH!!!!!

No comments: