(Turn and face the strain)
Don't tell t hem to grow up and out of it
(Turn and face the strain)
Where's your shame
You've left us up to our necks in it
Time may change me
But you can't trace time
So it's been a while. A lot has gone on in my world. Life has been as sweet a fruit as I've ever tasted, lately. But.. not completely without worms.
Over the past few weeks and months I've come to realize a few things:
I'm not really at a crossroads in my life. Or, more accurately, every day is a crossroad with choices taking me one direction OR another. I mean.. well... duh, right? Sometimes I tend to get so focused on every second of my life that when I have to make a big decision it feels like "THE BIG DECISION OF MY LIFE".
As Corissa would say.. "Oh brother!"
Also, I'm not a quitter. I don't give up on the things that are really important to me. Sometimes it takes a bit to figure out the hierarchy of importance, but once I understand what means what.. I don't have a problem acting on them.
Blah blah blah.. right? I know.. it's not very interesting. However, this is that catharsis thing again. There.. I've gotten it out of my system.. I feel better!
One thing that bothered me was; I didn't have a 'niche' to write about in my BLOG. So far it's been cranial diarrhea, which can't be terribly interesting to you.. no matter how therapeutic it may be for me.
So what's going on?
1) The Job Hunt Continues! Yes, I'm still searching for that perfect job. I'd love to own my own business.. maybe a restaurant, or a book store, call center consulting.. But I'd settle for an Operations Manager role somewhere.
2) Corissa. Woo!
3) Friends. I've jumped back into my Friday night thing, which reconnects me with a group of friends I hadn't touched base with much over the past few months. I'm excited to see my friends again. Corissa is incredibly willing to mingle with my friends, and they universally love her. Consequently, we've had our hands full with BBQ's, hiking, UFC fights and just random get togethers.
4) Did I Mention This Is The Best Summer Evar? I'm active again. In my marriage I turned into a sea slug. My milky white complexion was only ever darkened by anger at becoming a sea slug.
THIS summer though, we've spent time at the pool, time at the tennis courts, time in the gym again, time hiking..
5) Room-mates. I've invited an old friend of mine to live with us. He's an excellent room-mate, and it's a pleasure having him around. He loves Corissa and Beekus and Minnie. He mocks me incessantly and he's very conscientious. Now if only we could find him a girlfriend..
6) Goodbye, Lucy, goodbye. I traded in my car for something infinitely more practical, but something infinitely less gorgeous. *sigh* Here's Lucy in all of her glory (say goodbye..)
And here's "Elsie" I don't know why that name fits, or why the hell I had to name her anyhow, except.. well, it fits. Hello, Elsie!
So that's what's been going on.. in short, life is good. However, that still leaves the niche. What am I an expert on? Well, it would be vanity to believe I knew more than anyone else about many subjects, but here's what I LOVE:
- GAMING (RPG, Table Top, Board Game, Computer / XBOX)
- TRIPPING THE 'GEEK' FANTASTIQUE
When we did the podcast, long ago, one of my favorite things was answering questions sent in by fellow gamers. I loved it!! I've tossed around the idea of answering game related questions here, but I don't know how well the BLOG environment lends itself to that.
I've been Roleplaying and gaming in general for much much more than half my life. I have been doing it for just over 19 years now. This doesn't make me an expert, but it does give me a lot of experiences to draw from.
My speciality is the ability to whip up ideas for a quick game, or a campaign or a short multi session thing. My other speciality is coming up with character ideas.
What do you think? Can this work? Would YOU send me a question?
Don't make me an angry sea slug, people.. you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!!