Thursday, February 19, 2009

Catching Up

Greetings O esteemed reader!

It's been an eventful couple of months on the home front. Since you are undoubtedly on the edge of your seat wondering what exactly happened, I'll try to get it all in:

We're all settled in the house.. ended up redoing the entire kitchen. We both mortgaged our spleens to be able to finish it.. but so worth it!!

We had our first big friend gathering around Christmas time for the annual friends get-together, which went awesome. We had a massive breakfast with about 20 people showing up. I was going to ask my sweetheart to marry me at the breakfast, but there was never just that PERRRRFECT moment.

By then I'd already picked out a diamond for her and everything. I figured it wasn't a big deal to not ask her at the party, because... CHRISTMAS (or Xmas Eve) would be even better, right?

Well, mom called early one morning during an action packed game of Runebound and asked:

"SO DID YA ASK HER YET?"

It was loud enough that Corissa's head snapped up from the game and she looked me over like "huh?".

Mom wasn't done though.. she continued with:

"DID YA ASK CORISSA? CAN YOU HEAR ME? HELLLLLLOOO DID YOU GET A CHANCE TO ASK CORISSA YET?"

Embarassed and totally foiled, I pulled out the diamond for Corissa right then and there and got down on one knee, asking for her hand in marriage. It was all very exciting, embarrassing and touching all at once.

Since then, I had my birthday, we've been invited to join the VanSeans for a vacation in paradise, Charly is a much bigger pooch and we discovered Dance Dance Revolution.

Speaking of Dance, we've started taking ballroom dancing together, and it's a blast. We've got Waltz and most of the Foxtrot under our belts. Now for some swing, baby!!

SWING HEIL!!!!



Phwew!!

Sorry for the long absence, but I hope to make time to keep this up a bit better in the near future!

No comments: