Friday, June 13, 2008

Corissssssssssssssssaaaaaahhhh

From "Girlfriend is Better" by The Talking Heads

I got a girlfriend thats better than that
Now everyones getting involved
Shes moving up going right through my heart
We might not ever get caught
Going right through (try to stay cool) going through, staying cool
I got a girlfriend thats better than that
And nothing is better than you


As promised here's my entry on my girlfriend. I've struggled with this one, because it's important to get it right.. So here goes!!

First of all, and most importantly, she's my best friend and confidant. I'm talking "help me hide these bodies" level of best friend. Someone I trust with every secret I have, someone I feel comfortable having a key to my apartment, someone I can tell all of my woes to and know I'm going to get some love back.

She's got a great heart and the quality of her friends reflects it. They LOVE her! Though now that I think about it, I've never met anyone that hasn't been completely smitten with her the second they meet her.

She's comfortable in every setting with every type of person. Believe me, there's something daunting about being in a room with 15 hard-core gamers. She does it and still wins their hearts.

I've never met a person who is so innately good at everything. I'd be irritated with her beating me at everything if I wasn't so damned proud of her. I was formerly the king of Scrabble, but that crown has been taken and the funny thing is, I just don't mind. Whenever we play she gets this incredibly serious look on her face as she concentrates on the next 65 point word. (no, seriously folks.. she's that good!)

With all of her innate skill, it's funny to me that she's so hard on herself. I guess everyone is most critical of themselves, and she's no exception.

She's equally at home behind the wheel of a four-wheeler or dirt bike, as she is behind the microphone warbling tunes in her sweet voice. She can fish, hike, write poetry, watch plays, eat sushi, beat me at cribbage, relax and watch a movie, play tennis, sing songs to cats in their own language and still end the day with a kiss for me.

She's the most amazing girl in the world!

I've had to fight to keep her. We've had our ups and downs. I'm a natural worrier and an attention / love sponge. She left a relationship where she was always on her own to one with me where we're always together.. I'm the biggest sex junkie I know of. I'm not perfect and I never will be, but my love for her is perfect.

I'm also a bit of an anachronism, and am never quite in style. And she's (unintentionally) incredibly stylish. She just looks at me, rolls her eyes and tries valiantly to bring me out of the 80's.

She is understanding of me gaming, and encourages me to do what I want when I want to. She's honest with me and direct with me whenever I ask a question..

Her deep beautiful eyes are the last thing I see before I go to sleep, and her crazy hair fraggles are the first thing I see in the morning.

Speaking of her beauty, she is built like a greek goddess.. Piercing eyes, a smile that can be bold and crazy or wicked with just a small change of her lips. She's the perfect height to put her head on my shoulder when we dance, which we sometimes do to hummed music in my apartment. Her legs are that sexy combination of voluptuous and athletic that is every man's dream.

I hope I don't sound like a stalker or fanatic. I think this is what love is supposed to be like.

I hope so. =)

No comments: