Thursday, August 21, 2008

It ALMOST Happened in the Shower...

From "Standing in the Shower Thinking" by Jane's Addiction

Standing in the shower thinking
About what makes a man
An outlaw or a leader
I'm thinking about power...
The ways a man could use it
Or be destroyed by it


So I was standing in the shower thinking this morning.. Thinking, man, I wish I could sing. I mean really sing. Just belt it out! And then I thought.. Man, I wish I could dance too.. Not just do the hawt bear hug, but I mean DANCE!! You know.. CRAZY dance. Like Kevin Bacon from Footloose..

I suddenly realized I was clutching the bar of soap like a microphone with my eyes closed and my face pushed up under the water..

...Like in Flashdance.. with that hot lady with the legwarmers who did that buck wild run around the entire auditorium dance.. Yeahhh.. jumpin'!! Yeaaaahhhh slidin'!!

And suddenly I realized I was humming "JUMP" by the Pointer Sisters... and my feet were going up and down like I was jogging in place.. But I wasn't just humming, I was humming into the bar of soap, eyes still closed..

Your eyes tell me how you love me
Can feel it in your heart beat
I know you like what you see
Hold me, I'll give that you need
Wrap your love around me
You're so excited, I can feel you
Getting hotter, oh baby
I'll take you down, I'll take you down
Where no one's ever gone before
And if you want more, if you want more
More, more, more

Jump for my love
Jump in and feel my touch
Jump you want to taste my kisses
In the night then

Except, I only know about every third word or so.. so I'm humming, and singing into my soap before I realized that I was practically shouting whenever it came to the world JUMP!

And then it got to the MORE MORE MORE part (I wasn't singing it in order, *sigh*) and I did huge jumps and practically screamed it. On the very last "MORE", when I was at the highest point of my jump.. the soap squirted out of my hands and hit the side of the shower with a dull thump..

I opened my eyes into the searing hot water, and I realized I can't sing or dance. But MAN can I hum!





..............Jump.. for my love!

No comments: