Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Observations

From "Once In A Lifetime" by Talking Heads

And you may ask yourself
What is that beautiful house?

And you may ask yourself

Where does that highway go?
And you may ask yourself

Am I right? ...am I wrong?
And you may tell yourself

My god!...what have I done?

Just a few random things I've noticed across the past couple of days.

Last night I was driving home from work and I saw a girl in a mid-80's Toyota enono-car (manual transmission) driving along beside me. This girl must have been in her mid 20's I'm guessing..

Anyhow, she's driving down the street and plucking her eyebrows with her left hand, texting and operating the stick with her other. At no point in the three-and-a-half minutes that I drove along beside her did I ever see her look at the road.

....For all of that, she never swerved, never stopped too early or too late. In fact, if I hadn't of seen her doing these things inside the car, I never would have believed it just by looking at the driving itself.

So my question (or observation) is; are these functions just becoming so intuitive to people now a days that they're starting to be able to truly multi-task around them? Or was this girl exceptional?

Observation 2... No matter how little sleep I get, no matter how bad work is going to be, or how bad it was yesterday and no matter what the day holds for me, waking up with my sweetheart in my arms always makes me feel like a million dollars.

She does this thing where she'll be asleep (I try to get ready very quietly) and just before I'm about to walk out the door and she says:

"Muuuuuffin?"

Every day. And every day I walk around to her side of the bed and give her about a hundred kisses and one last hug before leaving for work.

And people ask me why my life is so good and I'm always so happy!

Observation 3... I predict that 300 years from now, Coffee will be to us like "The Spice" is to the people in Herbert's Dune books. Whoever controls the coffee will control the universe. In fact, I suspect that within 300 years, we will no longer drink water as we currently know it.

Nostradamus look out!!

Observation 4... One day I figured it out that if each person in Utah were to give me 15 cents, I would be a 334,975.35aire. My only thought is; how do I put operation "Gimme Yo Damned Change" into effect? I need to write a book about this... In the meanwhile, please set aside 15 cents for me. YES, I will take pennies.

Observation 5... Heated leather seats are my Rogue's way of letting me know it loves me. Or at least it loves me for my butt. Or maybe it JUST loves my butt. ..... Jeez! Way to make me feel like a piece of meat, Rogue. *GLARE*

Observation 6... I'm going to start talking to myself in my shoutbox. Speaking of shoutbox, does anyone else feel like they need to type in all caps in order to effectively live up to the shouting part of the equation?

Observation 7... I like Blogging. I just think that's an unfortunate name for it. I mean.. blog? It sounds like Blah and Log. Both of which have connotations that make me feel like I'm doing something repulsive. That may be too much information...

Observation 8... Woot!

Obersvation 9... Speaking of Woot, my girlfriend wrote me a hilarious message the other day telling me that Sprint was using "WOOT" in their new advertisements.. She said we needed to sue them for copyright infringement.. I think she's on to something. This may actually reduce the amount of money you all need to send me.. stay tuned for more details.

Observation 9...



Ya know? Seriously.

No comments: